Thursday, September 6, 2012

HMCS Ville de Quebec

Although I didn't get to tour, I did get to see her.  Docked over in Windsor is the HMCS (His Majesty's Canadian Ship) Ville de Quebec.  One of the things different about her is that the Canadians use a different shade of haze gray than we do.
 The Ville de Quebec is a Halifax Class Frigate that was comissioned in 1993.  She was built by Davie Shipbuilding in Lauzon Quebec and has the distinction of being the only biligual warship in the Canadian Navy.   She is armed with a 57 mm main gun, Harpoon Missiles, torpedoes and Sea Sparrow Anti-Air missiles.  She is homeported in Halifax.
 She was part of the NATO Standing Naval Force Atlantic and helped with disaster relief efforts after Hurricane Katrina.
I kind of wish I could go over to Canada because I would love to tour her.

1 comment:

tugboathunter said...

I really want to tour her as well!