Monday, September 24, 2012

The Algoma Spirit Strikes Again

So the ship that I waited at Milliken for was the Algoma Spirit.  She has appeared on this blog before but only her stern.  She's kind of a neat looking ship.
 Here she is as she is just coming around Belle Isle.  For these pictures, instead of using the Auto White Balance, I tried the the sunlight white balance feature.  I'm not really sure it makes that much of a difference.  Let me know what you think?
 She gets a little closer, but I missed out on the head shot.
 I was trying to catch the spots where there was little in the background.  Unfortunately, as she moved closer, the sun was more behind her.
 And she gets a little closer.
 And closer yet.
 A closeup of her bow, with her courtesy US flag and not so courtesy Algoma Central flag flapping in the wind.
 Her Algostack.
 And her Algopilothouse.
 And she passes by Windsor's version of the Eye Of Sauron.
 A shot of her stern.  This looking vaguely familiar.
 Another stern shot.
 A shot with a certain bridge in the background.
And one more shot before we headed onto Belle Isle.

No comments: