Monday, September 3, 2012

The Fort Gratiot Lighthouse...Again...

Last on the lighthouse portion of the tour is the Fort Gratiot lighthouse.  I've been there a couple of times in the past.  If you are interested in her story, go here.
 First time I went to it, the lighthouse was in serious need of some love.  Next time, there was scaffolding to give it that love.  Last time, it was pretty hot outside, so I wasn't in a mood to walk around.  Finally, I had a chance to get some decent shots.  I really liked the way the clouds looked.
 Looking at the tower from another angle.  You can kind of see the Blue Water Bridge in the background.
 The keeper's house.  It actually looks pretty impressive.
 Looking up at the tower.
 A close up of the tower itself.
 Looking at the tower through the trees.   I think this is one of the better views of a lighthouse you can get.
And a shot of the keeper's house and the tower.

No comments: