Monday, September 10, 2012

The Algoma Enterprise Passes Nicholson

Shipwatching can be a funny hobby on the Great Lakes.   Sometimes, I will find myself heading down to the River to catch one ship.  Especially if it is a ship that I really like or a ship I've never seen before.  Sometimes, I will be in Detroit on other things and will see a couple of ships.  And sometimes, the floodgates open and I see a bunch of ships.
 Yesterday was one of those days where I saw a bunch of ships.  Granted, I spent a good deal of time on the River but still, I couldn't believe how many there were.
 And if you look behind the Algoma Enterprise, you can see the Lakes Contender but we wanted to head out, so I didn't stick around to get pictures of her.  Which is kind of sad, because I haven't see her yet.  I have seen the Algoma Enterprise though.
 Well it wasn't too long ago that I saw her.  I think she is a pretty cool looking ship and I kind of wish I had my other lenses with me.
 The sky still made for a pretty dramatic backdrop.
 And the vantage point was different for me.
 And she heads on.
Another shot to provide a contrast between a warship and a merchant vessel.

No comments: