Monday, August 29, 2016

And a Few Trains

After the planes, I decided to head back up to Durand.  I was hoping to see a few trains.
 I wasn't disappointed.  While the traffic isn't at Fostoria or Deshler levels, I like the views better I think.  Especially the nice tree lined spots like this.
 The CN engineer deciding to ham it up for the camera.  I still don't know why some people bitch about this.  There are probably hundreds of pictures of this engine but none of them have the engineer with his arms outstretched.
 Apparently, this is an older CN scheme.  I thought it was kind of cool as I've never seen it in person before.
 The Marquette Rail (not to be confused with the Pere Marquette) is a short line railroad that operates in Michigan.  It was founded in 2005 when the owner purchased a CSX line from Grand Rapids to Manistee.  In 2012, it was bought by Rail America which was in turn bought by Genesee and Wyoming.
 I kind of liked the colors.
 And the graffitti.
 I really liked this one.

 Not sure what this one is.

 I thought this made for a colorful shot.
 I wanted to see if I could get the station in the shot.
 Next time, I'll have to move the camera over a bit.

I wanted to see if I could get some reflections in the window.  I'll have to work on this next time I'm there.

No comments: