Sunday, August 28, 2016

Catching Roger on the Flip Side

I kept a pretty close eye on when the Roger Blough would be leaving Conneaut.  I figured that I might have a good chance to catch her.  When I woke up this morning, I saw that she was about halfway across Lake Erie (or so).  I figured that would put her in Port Huron around 1800.  That gave me the chance to do laundry and catch up on some other stuff.
 After finishing my laundry, I headed up to Port Huron.  I thought I was going to miss her because two lanes of I-94 were shut down by the airport.  Fortunately, I was able to get around it by taking Haggerty to Ecorse Road.  I might have found a couple spots for plane watching on Ecorse.
 I did make it to catch the Blough.  The light was just about right too, although I wish I had the clouds from earlier because they were the nice cool gray clouds.
 The head shot that I always get at Port Huron.
 For some reason, I prefer her downbound look to her upbound look.  She looks low and squat in the water when she is heading down.
 The skies still looked pretty cool.
 They are still doing work on the Blue Water Bridge.
 A shot of her pilot house.
 And her deckhouse.
She continues out to Lake Huron.  She will head north to Sault Ste Marie.  After going through the Poe Lock, she work her way up Lake Superior to Two Harbors, Minnesota where she will pick up another load of taconite.

No comments: