Thursday, August 4, 2016

The CSL Welland Passes Belle Isle

I was up at the Troy office today and before I left, I decided to check AIS to see if there would be any ships passing at around the same time that I was.  There were in fact two ships that would be passing Belle Isle, so I decided to stop there.
 Sadly, I couldn't get to the island soon enough to catch the ships at the end of the island.  so I opted for a better spot.  This spot is a little down from the fishing pier.
 The first ship that I caught was the CSL Welland.  Based on the fact that she's heading to Montreal, I'm guessing that she is coming from Thunder Bay with a load of grain.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 The beam shot.
She continues on her way.  She will continue down the Detroit River and cross Lake Erie.  She will then pass through the Welland Canal and cross Lake Ontario.  She will then head down the St. Lawrence River and end up in Montreal.

No comments: