Sunday, August 14, 2016

Ending With the American Mariner

I was thinking about taking the day off today.  However, I took a look at AIS and saw that the Philip R. Clarke was working her way up the St. Clair River.  I was hoping to catch her.
 I didn't leave soon enough to catch the Clarke, but I knew that there was a ship heading down.  And that ship was the American Mariner.
 She was heading down to Zug Island but I wasn't sure of her cargo.
 While she's not quite the Clarke, she was still nice to catch.
 She passes the Blue Water Bridges.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 Again, the skies looked pretty threatening but it didn't start raining until after I got home.
One more shot before heading home.

So this made for a pretty eventful weekend.  I caught a 787 landing in Detroit.  Caught a ship going into Grand Haven and St Joseph.  Rode on the Westcott.  Caught my favorite ship on her first trip after repairs.  It was pretty cool.

No comments: