Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Catching the Algoma Discovery in Maumee Bay

As I was passing through Toledo on the way to Magee, one of the bridges was open which I think meant that there was either a ship coming in or leaving.  I couldn't tell when I looked at AIS, so I didn't think anything of it.
 As I was leaving Magee, I decided to check AIS to see if there was in fact a ship leaving and it turns out that there was.  I took a look at the map to see if there was anyplace where I could catch her and it turns out that there was.
 So I found Maumee Bay State Park and it turns out that I have a good view of the bay.
 It also turns out that I was able to get a decent shot of the Algoma Discovery.  She was leaving Toledo after delivering a load of grain.
I think that is the Toledo Lighthouse.

No comments: