Sunday, April 23, 2017

Waking Up to the Eagles

So I headed down to Ohio.  The I think the eagles in the first nest are getting close to hatching and the other eagles have already hatched.  I'm hoping that at some point I get to watch the eaglets learn how to fly.
 One of the things I like about this place is that you get to get fairly close to the eagles.  It also seems like they may be a little used to people as they don't fly away.  Unfortunately, you still have to look for the right angles.
 After walking around a little bit, I managed to find the right angle.  I think this eagle was standing watch over his nest.  Like I said, it was pretty close to hatching.
 A red-winged blackbird.  I think these are pretty neat looking birds.
 The he decided to get closer to the other nest.
 I think this gives him a better vantage point.
 And he looks down at the crazy humans with the cameras.
 And goes back to looking like a majestic bird.
 I think mom was yelling for the other eagle to get some food or something.  Or perhaps announcing that he had to come over and watch the nest for a bit.
 And then she decides to take off.
 I didn't see her again.
 I decided to head to the other nest.  I was hoping to see some of the young.  This was my best shot.
But this tree swallow posed for me.

No comments: