Friday, April 28, 2017

Chasing the Dream(liner)

I decided to take yesterday and today off because I wanted to catch the Royal Jordanian 787 that flies into Detroit Metro on Mondays and Thursdays.
 This is a Boeing 717 that belongs to Delta Airlines.  I'm not sure where it was coming from because I can't find it on FlightAware.
 I think this is a Cessna Citation.
 A SkyWest CRJ-200 arriving from Buffalo and wearing the Delta Express Livery.
 And this CRJ-200 is wearing Air Canada Express colors.  It was arriving from Pearson International Airport in Toronto, Ontario.
 Here we have an Airbus A321 arriving from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  I kind of like the A321 because it sort of resembles the 757 but not quite.  In a sea of white planes, it's kind of nice to see some color.
 A Republic Embrear 175 coming in from Philadelphia, PA.
This one is a Skywest plane in United Express colors arriving from Chicago O'Hare Airport.
 And this one was coming in from LaGuardia.
 My biggest surprise was the 747 that was coming in from Seoul.  I like catching 747s.
 Especially when I keep hearing that Delta is going to retire them.
 Jordanian 267 Heavy arriving form Montreal.  Well, it has a layover in Montreal after flying from Amman, Jordan.  The flight from Montreal is about an hour and a half.  The flight between Amman and Montreal is a bit longer.
 Recently Delta announced that it was cancelling the 787 order that was placed by Northwest.  Northwest was supposed to the North American launch partner but the development issues and subsequent Northwest-Delta merger put the damper on that.  I was hoping that Delta would go through with it because it would mean more opportunities to catch a 787 but I guess it doesn't fit into their plans.
 A Southwest 737 flying in from Atlanta.
 I was going to leave right after the 787 but I saw that there would be three 757s in succession.  Since this is by far my favorite commercial aircraft, I had to stick around.  The first one was arriving from Fort Myers, Florida.
 The next one was flying in from Fort Lauderdale.
 And the 757-300 that was arriving from Orlando.
 A CRJ-200 coming from Toronto.
 I think this Southwest plane was coming from Midway Airport.
 An Airbus 319.
I saw that this Airbus A319 was coming in from Charlotte.  Normally I don't wait around for an A319 but I was thinking it could possibly be one of American's Heritage Units.  It turns out that it wasn't.

No comments: