Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A Stop in Durand

My mom and I went up to Birch Run to meet her friend at the Birch Run Deli.  If you've never eaten there, you have to try it, it was pretty good.  Anyway, I decided to stop at Durand on the way home.
 The first train I saw was this Indiana Southern engine.  The Indiana Southern Railroad normally operates from Indianapolis to Evansville but this particular engine was here.
 In 2000, it was acquired by RailAmerica which was in turn acquired by Genesee and Wyoming in 2012.
 This train was pulling out of the yard but I think it was just a repositioning move.
 I kind of liked the orange engine against the snow.
 The water tower.
 A clock.
 It was soon followed by a CN train from the west.  I'm not actually sure where it was heading.
 But it was kind of cool to catch it.  Especially since it was a pretty nice day today.
 The train passes under the signal bridge.
 I kind of like the engine looming over me but I was behind the fence.
And it continues heading east.

No comments: