Saturday, February 17, 2018

Ships Resting in Sarnia

I decided to head up to the St. Clair River yesterday.  I saw on Facebook that there were eagles along the way.  Sadly, I did not see any eagles but I did stop in Port Huron and I saw some ships.  Granted, they were in layup but I still had a chance to get some pictures.
 While I was in the hospital, I read that Algoma Central had bought the Buffalo, Adam Cornelius, the American Valor and American Victory.  Apparently, Algoma Central was really interested in the Buffalo and Adam Cornelius and had to take the American Valor and American Victory.  I'm pretty sure that Algoma is going to put the Buffalo and Cornelius to use as those are probably still function.  It is unclear at this point what is going to happy to the American Valor and Victory.  It would be nice to see them in action but it is possible that Algoma had to take those in order to get the ships they wanted. 
 The Samuel Risley takes a break at the docks in Sarnia.  She was recently in action but I didn't get a chance to get pictures of her.
 The Algoma Enterprise waits at the docks.
 I know that I've see a few ships in layup here but it seems like there were more ships in the open this year.  The CSL Niagara takes her shot in a slip.
And we end our brief tour with the Manitowoc. 

No comments: