Saturday, September 14, 2024

A Surprise Borg Ship

 As I was looking down the river, I saw that there was a ship coming upbound.  I was not expecting to see a ship coming upbound.  I thought all the upbound ships had passed.

I looked on Marine Traffic to see what it was.
Turns out that it was the Vlieborg and she was leaving the grain elevator in Windsor.
She was heading over to Green Bay.  And that is about a two day trip for a ship.
I like the look of the Wagenborg ships.  They usually look better painted than this one.  But this one has been around for a while.
Her bow is forward like an old battleship or galley.
I think it looks pretty cool.
Her house flag.
The almost beam shot.
She approaches the Ambassador Bridge.
The moon is peeking out under the Bridge.
I like this shot.
She approaches the last ship.
The Wagenborg ships are unusual for salties in that they are registered in the home country of the company that owns this one.  Her home port is Delfzijl which is kind of on the North Sea and near the German-Dutch border.


No comments: