Saturday, September 14, 2024

The Kaministiqua Makes an Appearance

 My mom is still in rehab and I went to visit her but I got there kind of early because I saw that there was a handful of ships passing Detroit later in the afternoon.

The first up was the Kaministiqua.  It has only been a couple of months since I've see her but she is one I like to catch.
She was coming down from Thunder Bay and given her configuration and where she was going, I can only assume she was carrying grain.
She was heading to Sorel which is near Quebec City.  It is a grain port.
I think it is used for trans shipping.  Ships like the Kaministiqua will take grain from Thunder Bay there and other ships will take it to Europe.
I think it is one of the longer trips on the Great Lakes, lasting almost a week.
Anyway, I think this is a fairly nice looking ship.
Although, I liked her better before they repainted her.  The rust went down the side but it looked like it belonged.
Anyway, she is what is called straight decker as she doesn't have the self unloading crane.
You can see the next ship peeking out behind her.
One of the fairly clear shots from Riverside.
The next ship appears on the other side.
She passes Windsor.
I like this shot.
She passes the Ambassador Bridge and is passed by the M.S. Westcott.
The Ambassador Bridge roughly in the center.
The almost beam shot.
She continues on her way.
She approaches the Gordie Howe Bridge.
The flags on the span.  I think they roughly mark where the border is.
The Gordie Howe Bridge looks nice with the span nearly complete.



No comments: