Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Philip R. Clarke on a Foggy Evening

 I decided to go boatwatching tonight.  There was a ship I've wanted to catch for a bit.

I saw that the Philip R. Clarke was making her way down today.  I saw that I could catch her passing Detroit later in the day.
She was coming down from Calcite, which meant that she had a load of stone.
She was heading over to Buffalo which I think is a rare destination for her.
But she is a ship I like catching.  She's almost like catching the Anderson since she's of the same class.
I was thinking about not going since it's been raining all day.  I'm glad I resisted that urge because misty shots are pretty cool.
She passes a spot on the river where there normally isn't much of a background.  This time, the background was obscured by the fog.
She passes Windsor.
She is approached by the M.S. Westcott.  I kind of like this shot, especially with the wake from the Westcott making a leading line for me.
The Westcott starts to turn around.
The Westcott gets closer.
The Westcott at her side.
She approaches the Ambassador Bridge.
The tower just behind her pilothouse.
The tower in her middle.
The tower behind her deck house.
She continues down the river.
She starts to disappear into the fog.
Normally, this shot would have the Gordie Howe Bridge in the background, but she is obscured by the fog.


No comments: