Monday, October 7, 2024

A Wolverine by Any Other Name

 I had one more ship to catch.

The Robert S. Pierson was coming down from Calcite I think.
She was heading over to Cleveland with a load of stone.
She is looking a bit on the rusty side.
She wasn't too far behind the Nantucket and I like the looks of these ships, so I decided to catch her.
The reason for the name of this post is that she used to be known as the Wolverine when she was owned by Oglebay Norton.
She was bought after Oglebay Norton declared bankruptcy and sold all of their ships.
She is being passed by a cormorant.
It was pretty windy and that made for some wave action.
She is approached by the Westcott.
I like this picture.
The passes under the Ambassador Bridge.
About the midpoint.
She clears the Bridge.
She continues down the River.
The tower of the Gordie Howe Bridge in the background.
One more shot.


No comments: