Sunday, October 13, 2024

Catching Up With the Gott

Generally when I have a "Catching Up With..." post, it means that I have not seen that ship in a while.  I this case, the last time I saw the Gott was in March.

The Gott was on her way down from Duluth with a load of iron ore for Nanticoke.
She passes the Lee A. Tregurtha.  I was hoping to see the Lee A. Tregurtha as she was going up the Rouge River but that wasn't to be, the Rouge was pretty busy today, so she was waiting her turn in the Belle Isle Anchorage.
The trip from Duluth to this point is roughly two days.  It takes little over a day to cross Lake Superior from Duluth to the Soo Locks.  It is roughly a day from the Soo Locks to Detroit.
She has roughly another day of travel until she reaches her destination of Nanticoke.
Nanticoke is on the north side of Lake Erie and is pretty close to the Welland Canal.
Nanticoke has a steel mill and as a results gets a few ships there.
I think there are other cargoes that go there, but I'm not sure what.
The Gott makes the turn for the channel.
As you can see, it is pretty cloudy.  I was hoping to get pictures of the comet tonight, but as you can see, that's not happening.
She passes Windsor.
A relatively clean shot.
She approaches the Ambassador Bridge.
I kind of like this shot.
I could barely fit her in the shot.
I couldn't fit her in the shot for this picture, so I just closed in on her pilothouse.
She continues down the River.
The Canadian tower of the Gordie Howe Bridge graces her.
A view of the River with the Iver Bright still docked.
One more shot as she continues on her way.





 

No comments: