Saturday, January 21, 2012

And Of Course.....Eagles...

If you've followed this blog long enough, you know that there is a group of eagles that are nesting near Bay City.  I think they've been there for as long as I've been doing this blog or possibly longer.   I also remember when I first saw the eagle flying over Fish Point.  Little did I realize when I took that picture that I would be seeing many more eagles.

All I can say is that I am glad that we as a nation decided that the bald eagle needed to be protected.  It is a pretty awesome sight to see one in flight or even just see one sitting on a branch.  They are a proud bird.
 As I was taking my pictures, I looked up in the sky and saw a juvenile eagle soaring around the area.  Even the young eagles look impressive.
 Here's another shot of him.  I would have been happier if the branches weren't in the way.
 A shot as he is flying off to somewhere.
 One of the eagles just standing on his branch.  As you can see it was a pretty nice day today although it was pretty cold.
 After I took care of what I needed to take care of at my mom's, I decided to stop back at the eagles.  She told me that there is usually a large group of them there around sunset.  And sure enough, there was.  Unfortunately, the sun was getting too low and I was losing light rapidly.
 Another one of the eagles in a tree.  There were bunches of them.  Even though I saw the same thing last year, I am still amazed that the eagle has made such a strong comeback.
I think there are at least eight eagles in this picture.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a decent shot of all of them.

1 comment:

Roadtrip 62 - Don said...

Nice shots of eagles: I've never seen more than 2 at a time. I live upstream from Bay City on the Tittabawassee River and have been fortunate to see an eagle right over my house a couple of times though.