Saturday, May 5, 2012

Belle Isle in May

It's hard to believe that we are at May already.  It seems like just yesterday, I was taking pictures of snow on Belle Isle.  At anyrate...
Since I was at this end of the island, I decided to concentrate on it.  A shot of the Livingstone Lighthouse.
A closeup of the tower.
Sometimes you see odd things on Belle Isle.  I think someone was doing a little tile art to clean things up a bit.

Maybe Basir was the artist.
And he likes the sun....
Or could it be Bob? 
Or maybe just some random guy.
Or a fan of seagulls....
Or Bears?
This could have been the 15th rock that he decorated.
Or maybe he was marking a good fishing spot.
Maybe he's a Michigan fan.
Or a musician.  Who knows.  This will be interesting to see what the archeologists would say though.
Because I was a little used place in the park, I got to see more birds than normal.  I'm not sure what this guy is but I'm pretty sure I saw a couple orioles.  I also tried to get a Blue Jay but he flew away before I could.
Another shot of the lighthouse.  I tried to get one through the trees.
One out in the open.
I was trying to get the contrasting shadows.
I like the artwork on the front.
This end of the island is pretty cool because you can almost get yourself lost in it.
But there is always the path home.
Or another path home.
These flowers were by a memorial stone.
The stream that cuts through Belle Isle.
A shot of Detroit through the pond.
The Yacht Club.
The Conservatory.
The Alpheus Williams statue.
A closer shot of that statue.
Leaving Belle Isle but I'm pretty sure I'll be back at some point.

No comments: