Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Some Shots from Milliken State Park

I've been to the lighthouse part of Milliken State Park a few times.  It is pretty nice.  What I didn't realize is that Milliken State Park is much larger.  As I was heading home last night, I passed by the parking lot.  So tonight, I decided to stop there to do my brief shipwatching.
 It is part of the Detroit Riverwalk system.  Theoretically, you can walk from Chene Park to Joe Louis.  I think there are some breaks though.  At any rate, it gives a nice vew of the Ren Cen.
 There is a nice little carousel there.  The animals on it are almost representations of Michigan animals.
 I thought this was pretty cool.  It is a representation of the St. Lawrence Seaway System.
 An eagle.
 Another view of the Ren Cen.
 I tried to get a shot of the Ren Cen in the reflecting pool.  Unfortunately, the sun was right behind it.
An overall shot of the carousel.

I will have to remember this part of the park.  The parking lot is pretty nice but there aren't too many trees or things.  I've got to believe it is pretty busy on the weekends though.

No comments: