Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Bristol Bay Again....

This was kind of a surprise.  I was only expecting to see the one ship but I got excited when I saw the Bristol Bay heading upriver as I was coming into the park.  She's appeared on this blog before, so I'm not going to go into her details.
 It's always cool to see a Coast Guard vessel pass by because I like the work they do and I think they sometimes get short shrift.
 This particular vessel performs an important function in that it maintains the navigational aids on the water way.  In the winter it will serve as an ice breaker but not a very good one, I'm told.
 A shot with the Tri-Centennial light in the foreground.
 A shot with less clutter.
 I think I like this shot a little better.
 As she heads towards her dock.
 A closeup of her tug portion.
One last shot as she heads away.

No comments: