Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Walk Along the Detroit River

So I was up in the Troy office today and I saw that there was at least one ship on the way down when I would be passing by Detroit, so I decided to stop.  Tonight seemed like a Milliken night, so I stopped at Milliken State Park.  I ended up walking down a little further than expected.  I think one of these days when I have some time, I'm gonna walk down to Joe Louis or so.
 I kind of like the view of the Ambassdor Bridge from Milliken.  It seems to be one of the few places you can capture the full bridge without any buildings interfering.
 I kind of liked the look of this seagull sitting on the top of a log.
 A duck.  A little later I got to see another duck fighting this one for the attentions of the female mallard in the picture below.
 For some reason, she didn't seem impressed.
 This is a piece entitled Boogaloo by Tyree Guyton.  He is famous for the Heidelberg Project in Detroit which is an artwork created from castaway parts.
 I didn't catch the name of this piece but I kind of like it.  Next time I come down here, I will have to capture it from different angles because it takes on different shapes.
 This fountain was sitting in back of the Renaissance Center and it is one of those variable height fountains.  I kind of like the angle but not the lighting.  I may have to try at another time.
 I've never caught the Renaissance Center from this side.  With the curved thing in the front, I think it takes on a different appearance.
 I tried to get a shot from a different orientation.
 Just a shot of the Riverwalk.  As you can see, it gets alot of use and it was fairly heavily patrolled so it felt pretty safe.
 When I took the first shot of the hood, I didn't notice there was another side.  As I was walking back, I noticed it, so I had to get a picture of it.  It is called Side Talkin Kay.  I am going to have to go see the Heidelberg Project one of these days.
 This is a piece by Robert Sestok entitled Free Form 5 and it was created in 2001.  For some reason the piece reminded me of another piece I saw in Detroit and I figured out why.
 A shot of the Ren Cen peeking up through the trees.  Unfortunately it was going right into the sun, so the sky looks washed out.
A seagull just flying along.  It was windy enough to where it was almost gliding.
 And then a hard bank to get something.
 The Canadian Air Force practicing formation flying over the river.
A confused looking seagull.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

if you go inside that glass dome on the RenCen and look straight up, you can get some really neat pictures.