Saturday, July 6, 2013

Closing Out With the Blough

As I said in my last post, I wanted to catch the Blough.  It was raining pretty hard, so I moved over to Mariner's Park in Grosse Pointe (actually it may still be in Detroit...not sure).  Unfortunately, the angles aren't as good there.
 I kind of missed out on getting a head shot.  This was the best angle that I could get.  Also, my light was leaving rapidly, so the big lens wouldn't be quite as useful.
 But still, she makes for a good picture.  She's pouring on the smoke in this shot.
 I think you might be able to see the ripples from the droplets of rain.
 She slowly passes by the Lighthouse and stuff.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And then a shot of her profile.  Sadly, this was the least blurry of the bunch.
 And she slowly works her way into the Detroit River.
 One more shot for good measure.  You can see the Detroit Princess far off in the background.
 And then I decided to head over to Milliken State Park.  This time, I decided to get some closer shots of her.  So her pilothouse.
 Deckhouse.
 Another of her deckhouse.
 The wierd contraption is her self unloading system.
And one again, she moves off into the distance.  She's heading to Conneaut to drop off her ore.

No comments: