Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Pair of Tugs

I decided to head over to Port Huron on Tuesday night because Sarnia was holding a fireworks display for Canada Day.  It was actually a pretty nice night but I was hoping to catch a little more in the way of shipping.  As it was, I missed the H. Lee White because I decided to take M-29 instead of going straight to Port Huron.  Oh well.
 I did manage to catch the Manitou in action though.  I've taken a few pictures of her as she was docked in Port Huron.  She is a pretty nice looking tug.
 She was helping another tug with a barge.  I'm not sure why.
 The Manitou was helping the Anglian Lady which is owned by Purvis Marine out of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.  She was built in 1973 and has a 3500 horsepower diesel engine.
 She is kind of a cool looking tug.
But not as cool as the Manitou.

No comments: