Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Victorious Tug and Her Charge

So my last ship of the day was another tug/barge.  She was about 45 minutes behind the Ken Boothe Sr.  I was hoping that I would catch the Algorail today but she was doing about 3/4's of her normal speed as she headed down Lake Huron.  I don't think she hit Port Huron until 6 or so and that was too late.
 So my last vessel of the day was the tug Victory and her charge, the James L. Kuber.  I think they are another of the nicer looking tug barge combinations.
 They start to make the turn to head out into Lake Huron.
 One thing I like about this spot is that it gives you a chance for a head shot.  As you can see, I also had a slight shot of the Hollyhock.
 She continues on her merry way.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 And she slowly pulls away from the Bridge.
 A shot of the tug Victory.
 And a side shot of the tug.
 She starts to head off into Lake Huron.
And one more shot.  By this time, the wind was really picking up and it was actually pretty cold.  Again, the thermometer said low 40's, but it felt much colder than that.

No comments: