Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ten Random Pictures from the River

This post is just ten different pictures.
This bird was hanging out at Milliken State Park for a bit.
 A shot of the Detroit Skyline from Belle Isle.
 I caught a Coast Guard helicopter as it passed by.
 A shot of the Rocky Beach.  As you can see, it's has a little more water right now.
 As I was waiting for the next ship, this milkweed caught my eye.
 And so did this one.
 A slightly different shot of the Rocky Beach.  This picture presents one explanation of why I like to go boatwatching.  For the most part, the only sound you have is the sound of the waves lapping up against the beach.  As the boat gets closer, you may have the soft rumble of diesel engines but it is usually a relaxing sound.  Occasionally, you may have the sound of a seagull or other water bird.
 A commorant.
 This boat belongs to the US Fish and Wildlife Service.  I'm not sure what they were doing, but I suspect they were studying fish.
A Coast Guard boat races by.

No comments: