Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Fog Shrouded Wolverine

I was going to go down to the Auto Show today but I didn't feel like dealing with the fog on the way over or the crowds when I got there.  So I decided to stick around home.   However, I figured that the fog would make for some nice pictures of the Wolverine.
 I was just taking this shot to get an idea of the settings I needed.  I've discovered that manual settings work the best when taking pictures of trains.  It seems that their lights love to mess with the automatic shutter speed settings.
 Just a shot of some of the maintenance of way vehicles that are still around.  I'm not sure what they are doing here because I thought they were done upgrading the track.  They may be adding a siding for when they do something with the depot, but I'm not sure.
 It wasn't long before the train appeared.  I really like fog shrouded shots.  I kind of wish that there were still ships going around though.
 A closer shot of the train.
 The fog wasn't quite thick enough though.
 And the train is about to pass.
 And the train continues on its way to Chicago.
 After doing some shopping, I decided to return to Depot Town to catch the eastbound Wolverine.  It was still pretty foggy.  I ended up using my other lens for these shots.
 It passes the depot.  I would love to see this depot open again, but I don't think that's likely.
 It gets a little closer.

And it continues on its way to Pontiac.

No comments: