Monday, January 2, 2017

The Right Honorable Paul J. Martin Brings in 2017

So yesterday I decided to go seek out my first ship of 2017.  I saw that there were four ships that were passing Detroit in a matter of a couple of hours.  I was really interested in catching one of those ships and I figured it wouldn't be bad to catch the others.
 First up was the Right Honorable Paul J. Martin which belongs to the Canada Steamship Lines. 
The person she was named after was on the Canada Steamship Lines Board of Directors.  He was also Canada's Prime Minister from 2003 to 2006.  Prior to that, he served as the Canadian Minister of Finance.
I had to get up pretty early to catch her though and I was about ready to pass but I figured that I was already awake, so I might as well head down to Belle Isle to catch her.  Sadly, she was passing Belle Isle as I arrived, so I headed over to Milliken State Park. 
I think she was on her way to Nanticoke.  I'm not sure what she was carrying but I think she may be on her way for layup.
After catching her at Milliken, I decided to head to Riverside to catch the next ship.  I didn't make it time to get more shots of the Martin though other than this one.

No comments: