Sunday, January 15, 2017

Catching the American Integrity

Normally my pictures would be in the order of when I saw the ship, but today's are going to be a little out of whack because this ship fell in between the series for the next ship.

It wasn't a particularly busy day on the river today but one of the ships was heading up the Rouge River and I like to try to catch that when possible because it makes for nice pictures.  Today was also my last chance to catch any ships.
 The American Integrity was actually the second ship I saw today.  She was part of the reason I decided to go out boatwatching.  I kind of like catching the 1000 footers, especially when I can catch them off Belle Isle (or Port Huron).
 As you can see, there is a fair amount of ice on Lake St. Clair.  It isn't enough to stop traffic and it was kind of cool to see.
 The lighting was just about perfect for me.  And here she passes Windmill Point.
 She makes her turn towards the channel.
 Which of course give me a chance for the frontal shot.
 The water was a nice blue.  Just wish it were a little calmer here.
 For as long as it takes for the ship to get to this point, it doesn't take long to pass.
 There was a fair amount of ice on the shore of Belle Isle.  It made for a nice foreground.
 And there was a fair amount of ice on her bow.
 I think I really like this shot.  The sky was just about perfect, the ice in the foreground was just about perfect.  The blue in the water was perfect.
She continues on her way.  She is headed to Conneaut, Ohio where she will unload her cargo.  I'm not sure if she is staying there for layup or will head somewhere else.  I think if she heads somewhere else, it will likely be Toledo.

No comments: