Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Trip Home

After the Burns Harbor, it was time to head back home.  We tried to visit Tahquamenon Falls again but the line was even worse.  I don't have a problem with people but there are only so many places where you can view the Falls and it becomes difficult when there are too many people.   I went back by way of Trout Lake.  I was hoping that I would see a train or two but that didn't happen.
 I did however stop at the Bridge park on the St Ignace side.  Since I didn't get any pictures of the bride on the way up, I decided to make up for that.  As you can see, it was cloudy but the sun was out.
 I tried to get a shot with the flowers and the bridge in focus.  I think it worked.
 The water looked nice.
 And one of my favorite views.

 I decided to stop at the Pere Marquette Memorial on the way out of the park.


 Jacques Marquette was born in 1637 and became a Jesuit missionary at the age of 17.  In 1666, he was assigned to the New World where he went about exploring the land.  In 1668, he founded a mission at Sault Ste Marie and three years later he founded one in St Ignace.  He died in 1675 near Ludington, Michigan.



 He has many towns and institutions named after him.
 And then I decided to stop on the Mackinaw City side.  I think the light was better for me from that way.
 the Old Mackinac Lighthouse.
 Probably my favorite angle still.
 this is my favorite angle of the lighthouse.  It was not easy getting a shot without people in it.

 And this one was even harder.


 One more shot before heading home.


I'll have to say that my weekend up at the Soo was pretty enjoyable.  I could have probably taken one more day and headed home on the Fourth but I think I wanted the buffer day.  It was nice to see my friends at Engineer's Day and it was also nice to see all the ships.  I can't wait for next year.

No comments: