Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Frontenac Passes Milliken State Park

So I decided to go boatwatching yesterday, even though I was only going to catch two of them.  They were both pretty cool boats to catch though.
 First up was the Frontenac.  I don't remember where she was heading from but I think she was heading to Windsor.
 She is one of three Canadian classic lakers.  The other two being the CSL Tadoussac and John D. Leitch.  The John D. Leitch is only a classic in the sense that it has a forward mounted pilothouse.
 Classic lakers had the pilothouse forward in order to help the pilots navigate the rivers and ports that lakers tend to enter.
 At any rate, I love the classic laker style.
 The almost beam shot.
 And the beam shot.
And after she passes by, although she didn't have much further to go.

No comments: