Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Return of an Old Friend

So I ended up taking Thursday and Friday off.  I wasn't quite ready to go back to work after a long vacation.  I'm still not sure I'm ready to go back, especially since I hear the weather may be less than pleasant tomorrow.  Anyway, I remembered that the 787 arrived in Detroit on Monday's and Thursday.  Since I couldn't catch it Monday and it was a pretty nice evening, I decided to head to the airport.
 First up was an Embrear 175 arriving from Reagan National in Washington DC.
 A Delta Airlines 737 arriving from Atlanta.
 And the plane I was waiting for.
 The Royal Jordanian 787.
 For part of the year, it flies here via Montreal.  This time it was flying direct.  I think it will fly direct again until October.
It is always cool to get a beacon shot.
 It was particularly nice night.  The lighting was perfect.
 It was followed by my favorite aircraft.
 A 757 coming in.
 This particular one was coming from the Florida land of the mouse.
 Or Orlando.
 An American Airlines A319 coming in from Charlotte.
 And a plane that I don't see much.  An A300 belonging to Fed Ex.  I don't think there are anymore of these in passenger service.
 Another 757.
 This particular one was arriving from Fort Myers.
And I loved the clouds in this.

No comments: