Monday, January 17, 2022

Catching the Calumet on the Frozen St. Clair

 While I was at Ottawa, I saw that there were a couple of ships that were coming down.  I wanted to catch a ship too.  I probably shouldn't have taken the second trip through but it was interesting enough.

The first ship that I caught up with was the Calumet.
The Calumet was on her last revenue trip of the year.
She was heading up to Alpena.
I think she was carrying a load of stone.
But I'm not sure.
The golden light was just about perfect.
I wish I could have gotten more of this angle but someone got in my pictures.
I like this shot though.  I love the reflections that peak through the ice.
She starts to pass under the Blue Water Bridge.
I was thinking about bringing my drone but it was pretty cold out.
This was good enough.
She starts to pass by.
The beam shot.
She continues on to Lake Huron.
After Alpena, I think she was heading to Erie for her layup.


No comments: