Monday, January 3, 2022

Next Up....the Arthur Anderson

 The next ship is the one that I was hoping to catch.

On Thursday, I saw that she was heading to Nanticoke, Ontario.  I presume she was delivering taconite there as there is a steel mill there.
I figured that would give me a chance to catch her on the return trip.  Sometime on Friday night, I saw that she was making that return trip.
When I looked at the time on Marine Traffic, I saw that she would be passing Detroit pretty early in the morning.
That meant she would be passing Port Huron around 10:00 or so.  I didn't really want to get up that early, so I was hoping that she would stop for fuel.
She ended up stopping at Mistersky Dock for fuel.  I figured that would give me two or more hours to sleep in.  I kind of needed that.
Anyway, it was still pretty windy as I was shooting pictures of her.
She passes the southern part of Sarnia.
A shot of her pilothouse.
A shot of her deckhouse.
A shot of her stern with the Stars and Stripes flying proudly.
She continues her way up the St. Clair River.
I caught the Tregurtha in Port Huron and the Anderson wasn't too far behind.
Again, she goes through her paces leaving the river.
Like I said, it makes for some nice ship shots.
I missed the direct bow shot but this was pretty close.
She makes the turn for Lake Huron.
Another shot.
About as close to the beam shot I could get.
Again, I was hoping to use the drone but it was still pretty windy.
I was at a slightly different spot.
A shot of her pilothouse.
And she passes by.
Her flag flapping proudly in the wind.
She continues on her way to Lake Huron.  Her destination was Superior for what I presume to be taconite.  I think this is pretty close to her last trip of the year.


No comments: