Monday, January 10, 2022

March of the Mad Dogs and the Return of Old Friends

It was fairly sunny on Saturday but I didn't feel like driving to Port Huron to catch a ship so I decided to head over to the airport.  The weather was predicting freezing rain later in the afternoon or early evening and I didn't want to get caught in it.  The sun made me want to go out to take pictures, so the airport it was.  Not to mention, I saw that there were going to be some planes I haven't seen in a while.

I headed over to the east side of the airport.  The bulk of the planes I wanted to catch were coming in from the east.  That meant one of my favorite plane pictures.  I love to have a plane framed by the Golden Arches.  Only because it reminds me of an old commercial.
The first plane I caught was a 757 coming in from Los Angeles.
It was landing on the other side of the airport but because it was cold enough, I wasn't getting heat haze.
A few pictures since I love the 757.
I kind of like this one.
One more.
On my runway was another 757.
This one was a 757-300 which is the stretch version.
This particular one was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
A few clouds.
One more shot.
It turns out that this would be a Mad Dog sort of day.
Granted, this is a 717 and not an MD but it has its roots in the same plane.
It's a pretty nice looking plane.
This particular 717 was coming in from Newark.
It was followed by another.
With the ending of the McDonnell planes, these planes are the only remaining members of the DC-9 family.
This particular one was coming in from Jacksonville.
Still a nice looking plane.
One more shot with a plane flying overhead.
This A321 was coming in from Denver.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Washington-Dulles airport.
And another 717.
This was the one with the tail number honoring Joe Leonard, who owned the company that used to own these planes.
This one was coming in from Raleigh-Durham.
This is becoming another favorite of mine.
The A220 is a pretty nice looking plane.
This particular one was coming in from LaGuardia.
It was starting to cloud over.
One more shot.
The first of a few heavies.
This A330 was coming in from London.
I like this angle.
It was followed by an A350.
This particular one was coming in from Amsterdam.
I love the way that the other wing looks like it is curled over.
Probably my favorite angle.
One more.
And the return of an old friend for me.  I don't get to see this one that often because it comes in during the day.
Since it was a Saturday, I had a chance of catching it.
It is a 787 belonging to Royal Jordanian.
This one was coming in from Amman, Jordan.
An E175 coming in from Columbus.
This A320 was arriving in from Boston.
A fourth 717 coming in from Buffalo.
A 737 belonging to Southwest coming in from Midway Airport in Chicago.
A Delta 737 coming in from Atlanta.
This was another old friend.
It seems like it has been a while since I've caught a Lufthansa flight in Detroit.
This one was coming in from Frankfurt.
One more because I love this livery.
An American Airlines 737 coming in from Phoenix.
This one was kind of a treat.
It was a 767.
This particular one was arriving from Green Bay and it was the charter plane for the Packers.
I would have thought they needed a bigger plane for Aaron Rodgers' ego.
A CRJ-200 coming in from Bay City.


No comments: