Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thunder Over Michigan 2010 - Part 1

So I went to the Thunder Over Michigan this year at Willow Run airport in Ypsilanti. I took alot of pictures and I was happy with quite a few of them, so I'm going to break it down into the chunks of the air show. This first part was as we were heading into the Air Show.

Part of Thunder Over Michigan is a ground re-enactment of World War II troops (last year they did Vietnam). It's pretty cool and they get a decent turn out. This is an American Half Track.

This is a Stuart Light Tank.

Another view of the Stuart.

This is a German Hetzer Tank Destroyer.

This is a DC-7.

This is one of the crews of the B-17s. There were 8 B-17's and a B-24.

I'm not sure what kind of vehicle this is but it was carrying bombs.

This was on one of the bombs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi ,this is Doug Davis , I saw your photos on the 6th Division. I like your shots, your recent photos of the light house are real nice, I also liked your photos of the Detroit Zoo . I am a wildlife artist and emailed you about your Wolverine shots if I could barrow or trade something for a couple of them, for a painting, but I never heard from you. My email is ddkstudios@hotmail.com Thank you, Sincerely Doug Davis