Thursday, October 18, 2012

An Evening at Belle Isle

I was up in Troy again today and saw that there would be at least one ship that I wanted to catch, so I decided to head down to the Detroit River tonight.  I knew it would be a pretty tight squeeze on catching one of the ships so I decided to head over to Belle Isle in the hopes of catching her.
 Geese were flying over the island in fairly large numbers. 
 The light was getting to be just about right to give a nice glow to the MacArthur Bridge.
 I think I would have liked this shot a little more if I weren't shooting into the sun.  It was kind of sad because there was a slight haze.
 This is a church called Our Lady of the Rosary.  It was built in 1907 after a fire burnt down the first church.  Maybe when I get my passport again, I'll see it up close.
 It fairly windy, so this seagull was gliding for a while.
 Enough to get a couple of shots.
 I really liked the look of the tree lined sidewalk.  It seems that Belle Isle is the last thing to turn colors this year.
 So I got one side.
 And then the other.
As I was leaving the park, I had to take one more shot because I liked the way the pond seemed to shimmer with gold.

No comments: