Monday, October 15, 2012

And a few Trains!

One more stop before getting on I-75 for the trek back home.  I decided to stop by the trainyard for the Huron and Eastern Railroad.  There are some pretty cool engines there.

If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you know that I like trains.
 I believe this is an older style diesel engine.
 An engine from the Central Michigan railway.
 A picture of the pair of them.
 I believe the Huron and Eastern is owned by Rail America which owns a bunch of short line railroads in the Midwest.  One of the trains is in their colors.  The yellow train looks like it is an old Union Pacific engine.
 Another engine and another paint scheme.  I guess that's what makes this yard pretty cool.
 A closeup of the cab and the train's bell.
And pulled back a little bit.

No comments: