Saturday, October 20, 2012

Eastern Michigan Vs. Army - Pre-Game Shots

So it was another Saturday and another chance to be on the sidelines at an Eastern Michigan game.  Today they would be facing the Black Knights of Army.  It was a little on the chilly side but it looked like we wouldn't be getting any rain today, so that was a good thing.
 Today was also band day.  This is where Eastern invites bands from the area to participate.  It is actually pretty cool because you get to see a variety of colors.  I'm not about to name where the bands came from.
 I had a pretty good spot as they were passing in review.
 I'll have to admit, I liked the variety of uniforms.
 Even though there are a bunch of similarities.
 Then I moved over to watch the Army team practicing.  It was kind of neat to see them.
 Not sure if you can tell from this picture, but each of the players wears the patch of an Army division.  This week's division is the 101st Air Assault Division.  This is the division that was featured in Band of Brothers.
 A Screaming Eagle of a different sort.
 The EMU band takes the field.  I was much happier with my band pictures today.
 They were at least in focus.
 And I finally got this shot.  I know I've probably said this a million times on here but I do like how the stadium looks now compared to when I was a student at Eastern.  It looks more like a College Stadium.
 A closeup of the color guard.
 Another shot of the color guard.
 A shot of them with the flags.
And the team as they get ready to take the field.

No comments: