Sunday, February 22, 2015

Marblehead Lighthouse

As I said in the last post, I decided to head over to Marblehead.  I wanted to get lighthouse pictures today.  Although, I think I really wanted ice covered lighthouses but I didn't really feel like heading over to the west coast to do so.
 There wasn't any ice on the lighthouse, but there was plenty of snow around it.  For the most part, they did a pretty good job keeping it accessible.
 I wanted to get a shot of Lake Erie behind it.  Apparently, the Lake is nearly entirely frozen over.
 Looking up at the lighthouse.
The lighthouse is across the bay from Cedar Point.  I could barely make it out though.  This is just kind of a reminder that warmer weather is coming.
 The lighthouse from another angle. 
 Another attempt at getting Lake Erie in the background.  Sadly with the weather, I wasn't able to see the Commodore Perry memorial.
 The keeper's house stands silent.
 I think I would have liked this picture more had I not had the fish eye effect.
 A little further out.
If I were ever going to do a Christmas card, I think this would be a good candidate for the cover.

No comments: