Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Algolake Passes Algonac

I decided to go shipwatching again today.  I was thinking about watching the Toledo fireworks off the deck of the Schoonmaker, but I didn't get my reservations in soon enough.  Then I thought about going down to Cleveland to catch the Lee A. Tregurtha as she entered there but I didn't want to deal with the crowds there.  At one time, I entertained the idea of going over to Ludington to catch the fireworks there but again, I didn't want to deal with the crowds.  So I went shipwatching.
 I was going to try to catch the Kaye E. Barker as she headed down, but I really blew my timing on her as I got up late.  First I went up to St. Clair to try to catch the Paul R. Tregurtha as she was passing there but there was some kind of festival, so I couldn't find a parking space.  I looked at Marine Traffic and saw that the Algolake would be approaching Algonac at about the time I got back there.
 So I managed to catch the Algolake and as you can see, she was being followed pretty closely.
 I've see the Algolake several times before but she is still neat to watch.
 Her profile.
And she continues down the river.

No comments: