Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Lovely Lee T.

I saw that the next ship was heading up but I wasn't sure that I was going to catch her because I saw that she stopped for fuel.  As I said in an earlier post, I had a basketball game and I didn't think she would make it up in time.
 As it was, she wouldn't make it to Port Huron in time, but I could catch her at Marysville.  It was a good thing because it started to rain hard just after I finished taking this set of pictures.
 The Lovely Lee A. Tregurtha was heading up from Toledo.  I'm not sure what she was delivering there but I don't think she calls on there all that often.
 She is heading up to Silver Bay which means that I will probably have one more chance to catch her.  It seems like she usually lays up in the Lower Lakes.
 At any rate, she is one of my other favorite ships.
 She is certainly an usual looking ship.
 If you look on her pilothouse, you can see her ribbons from when she served as a tanker during World War II.
 A shot of her deckhouse.  Like most of the Interlake ships, she has been coverted to diesel.  In fact, I think she was one of the first.  But I don't mind that so much because it means she will be around for a while.
And she continues her trek to Lake Superior.

No comments: