Monday, November 7, 2016

The Noontime Wolverine

Usually when I have a day like Saturday where I travel all over the state, I don't feel like doing much on the next day.  That was the case yesterday.  After picking up some groceries, I decided to make a stop at Depot Town in order to catch the Wolverine that passes by there around noon.
 The 353 Wolverine Service is one of three west bound trains that heads to Chicago from Pontiac.  These compliment the three eastbound services that originate in Chicago.  They are all called the Wolverine but it would be nice if they had the Sunrise Wolverine, the High Noon Wolverine and the Sunset Wolverine or something like that.
 The 353 Wolverine starts in Pontiac at 10:35 A.M. and finishes in Chicago at 3:57 P.M. (local time).   This one will typically pass Ypsilanti around noon.  This part of the service was reduced as they were working on the track.
 This is the larger version of the Amtrak engine I have on my layout.  It's kind of cool.
 I really need to get over to Chicago one of these days.
And the train continues on to Ann Arbor and points beyond.

No comments: