Thursday, April 26, 2018

Fly Me to the Moon

Mondays and Thursday mean a double dose of the 787 at Detroit Metro Airport.  This will last until at least July when Air France switches over to the 777.  For now, I will try to enjoy it as much as I can.  It was also a very nice night.  Made for an enjoyable evening watching planes.
 First up was the A319 that was arriving from Monterrey.  I like the way that my new lens handles the planes on the other runway but I'm still shooting into the sun.
 Then there was a Cessna Citation 560.  I'm not sure where it was arriving from.
 Traffic was pretty heavy on I-94 tonight, so I wasn't sure I would make it in time to catch one of my 787s.  It wasn't long after I was there that this one appeared.
 This of course is the 787-8 belonging to Royal Jordanian.  It is coming from Amman, Jordan after a brief stop in Montreal.
 I'm still amazed at how quiet this plane is.
 On the other runway was an MD-83 arriving from Dallas.
 It was followed by a Spirit Airlines A320 arriving from San Diego.
 Which was followed by a 737 from Atlanta.
 This CRJ-900 was arriving from White Plains.
 Another CRJ-900 but I'm not sure where it was arriving from.
 An A320.
 This CRJ-200 was coming from Erie, PA.
 Another CRJ-900.
 This Boeing 717 was coming from Newark.
 A CRJ-200 but I'm not sure where this was coming from.
 A Spirit Airlines A320 from LaGuardia.
 Another A320 that was arriving from Atlanta.
 It was followed by a 757 from Orlando.
 The moon was about at the right level.  I was hoping that I could get a shot with it in it.
 A Dassault Falcon.
 An MD-88 arriving from Windsor Locks.
 another angle of that plane.
 JetBlue's A320 arriving from Boston.
 A CRJ-700 arriving from Dulles Airport near Washington DC.
 A CRJ-900 from Providence.
 A Boeing 717 arriving from Charlotte.
 This 757 was coming from Fort Myers, Florida.
 The other plane I was waiting for was the 787-9 belonging to Air France.
 This plane was coming in from Paris, France of course.
 Another shot with the moon.
 The Fed Ex MD-11 arriving from Memphis.

And a shot of just the moon.

No comments: