Sunday, April 1, 2018

Catching the Walter J. McCarthy

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do on Saturday.  Friday kind of had me exhausted.  I knew that I would have a chance to catch a couple of ships but I figured I would have plenty of chances to catch those.  Then I saw that there was a ship that would be difficult to catch again heading upbound, so I decided to wander down to Belle Isle to catch her.
 First up was the Walter J. McCarthy.  I'm not sure where she was coming from, but she was heading to Zug Island with a load of taconite.
 She is one of thirteen thousand footers and can carry almost 81,000 tons of cargo.
 She is about to meet the subject of the next post heading upbound.
 The two ships pass.
 The McCarthy continues on her way to Zug Island.
One more shot of her.

No comments: