Thursday, April 19, 2018

Catching the Thursday Dreamliners

It was a pretty nice day today.  I don't think there was a cloud in the sky and the sun was shining.  The temperature was creeping to the upper 50's.  I also saw the both Dreamliners were heading to Metro, so I decided to head to Metro Airport.
 The planes were landing from the south and taking off to the north which meant that I had to head up to the parking deck.  I actually like shooting from up there because I get some different views of aircraft.  This A319 was getting ready for its departure to LaGuardia. 
 On the other side was a 737 belonging to Southwest Airlines getting ready to line up on Runway 3L.  The number means that a plane will be heading 30 degrees (roughly North East) when it takes off.  The L means that it is left runway of two number 3s.  Typically at Metro, planes will land on 3R and takeoff from 3L.  This 737 was heading to Dallas.  Southwest will fly to Dallas Love Field.
 A CRJ-900 making a landing after arriving from White Plains, NY.
 Arriving from Atlanta, is this 737 belonging to Southwest Airlines.
 Anyone who follows this blog knows that my favorite is the 757.  This particular one was on its way to Orlando.
 An MD-88 arriving from Bradley Locks, CT.  It seems like I get this flight all the time.
 A Spirit Airlines A320 getting ready to land.  It was arriving from Atlanta.
 A Boeing 717 makes a landing while getting photobombed by the MD-88 from the other picture.  This 717 was arriving from LaGuardia.
 I was able to catch the Royal Jordanian 787 on its downwind leg with my new lens.  This picture is blown up a bit but not too bad.  I think the downwind leg is roughly over I-75 which is easily 5 miles away from the airport.
 An A321 getting ready to land.
 This particular plane was arriving from Atlanta.
 A CRJ-900 arriving from Manchester.
 Another 757 getting ready to head to Atlanta.
 The Royal Jordanian 787 is the foreground and the Air France 787 in the rear.
 A beacon shot.
 A bit of smoke as the Royal Jordanian 787 touches down.
 The 787 shows off the thrust reversers as it passes a CRJ-200 that arrived from Burlington, VT.
 Passing the Detroit skyline.  I think its pretty neat that you can see the Ren Cen and Comerica Tower from here.
 The 757 arriving from Orlando touching down.
 Air France 378 heavy on final approach for visual landing on Runway 3R.
 About to touchdown with beacons in full bloom.
 Unfortunately, I couldn't get the smoke shot.
But I could get a headshot.

No comments: