Friday, October 26, 2018

Waiting for Wilson

I decided to head to the airport last night.  It was a nice enough night and I figured I had a shot to catch both the 787 and 777.  I also figured I had a chance to catch both Fed Ex flights (hence the title).
 First up was a CRJ-700 arriving from White Plains, New York.
 It wasn't too long before I saw the 787.  I almost thought I wasn't going to see her because they were finishing up the work on Middle Belt.
 She was arriving from Amman, Jordan by way of Montreal.
 I'm still not sure why they do it this way.
 But its still cool to see.
 It was followed by an A330 arriving from Amsterdam.
 This plane would head back to Amsterdam last night.  Then it went to Minneapolis from Amsterdam.  As I type this post, it is on its way back to Amsterdam.
 An A321 arriving from Minneapolis.
 I also managed to catch the A350 arriving from Beijing.
 I usually miss this one.
 It was followed by the Fed Ex MD-11 arriving from Memphis.
 Of course, Fed Ex is famous for appearing the movie Cast Away.  But the star of the show was the Wilson volleyball.
 Making some assumptions on the size of the packaging for a volleyball packaging (8.5" on all sizes).  An MD-11 can carry 21,096 cubic feet of cargo which means it could carry 59,425 volleyballs.
 A 717 arriving from Dallas.
 As Delta and American retire their MD-80s and MD-90s, this and the MD-11 are the last remnants of the Douglas family tree.  It's a shame that Boeing didn't push these planes much because they are a good aircraft.
 A 737 arriving from Seattle.
 And it was followed by the 757 arriving from Indianapolis.
 I'm not sure how many volleyballs this plane can carry, but I assume it's less.
 It is however a more beautiful plane.
 the Air France 777 arriving on one runway and an A320 arriving on another.
 This plane was arriving from France.
Just trying to get an overall shot of the airport.

No comments: