Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sometimes You Get Lucky

So after nearly missing the Tadoussac, I decided to head up north to see if I could catch some snowy owls.  I ended up taking Jefferson Avenue from Detroit and then I headed on the Freeway for a little bit.  I knew that there was a ship lurking, so I headed towards Algonac.

As I got to the little turnoff by the State Park, I saw that I didn't have a chance to catch her, so I turned around.
I remembered that there was a parking lot where I could catch her.
I'm glad I did because the lighting was just about perfect.
The water was almost calm enough to get her reflection.
I liked the way the pilothouse was reflecting in the water.
There were enough clouds in the sky for a nice background.
Again, I don't remember where she was heading but I know that she was loaded.
It was kind of nice to see her.
She continues down the river.
As she headed her way, I ended heading up to catch the snowy owls.  Unfortunately, I didn't make it there before darkness fell.  Kind of a shame because it was a nice enough day.


 

No comments: