Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A Late Saturday Afternoon at the Airport

I was hoping to go boatwatching on Saturday but it was pretty snowy in the morning and the weather held the boats up near Detour for a while, so they wouldn't be passing Detroit until after dark.  Because of the earlier weather, I didn't really want to make the trek up to Port Huron.  So I decided on the airport.
First up was an Embrear 170 coming in from Cleveland.
Another angle of that plane.
It was followed by an A321 coming in from Sarasota, Florida.
Another angle of that plane.
It was followed by another A321.  This one was coming in from Tampa.
Another angle of that plane.
One of the planes I was waiting for.  There was just enough moisture in the air that I got some wing vortices.
I kind of like this shot.  Just wish the vortices were more distinct.
Because I like the 757.
It will be a sad day when these are retired.
This particular one is the 757-300 which is the stretch version.
These planes were all owned by Northwest before the merger.
It's kind of a shame that the airlines figured out the use for these planes after Boeing shut down the line.
These planes would have been better suited for new engines than the 737.  They already had the clearance for them.  This one was arriving from Orlando.
An A321 arriving from Fort Myers, Florida.
I love catching other airlines here.  Well at least their mainline planes.
This particular 737 was coming in from Phoenix.
Another A321.
This one was coming from Fort Lauderdale.  I'm hoping that Delta hasn't replaced the 757s they usually have on these routes.
The other plane I was coming over for.
I had to look for this one on FlightRadar because it wasn't showing up on the arrival board.
This airline has been coming to Detroit for about a month now.  They are using the plane to bring autoparts from Mercedes (I think).
This particular plane came in from Stuttgart.
I hope these planes keep coming for a while.
It makes up for not seeing the Royal Jordanian or Air France 787s.
A beacon shot.
And one more shot before heading home.

No comments: